SEA is a not for profit organisation focusing on building a local network, and organising local events.
We will soon be opening the SEA Climate Hub at number 4 Clinton Place, Seaford. Grab some food that would have gone to waste from our community fridge. Learn how to fix your broken belongings at our monthly Repair Cafe. We will be collecting useful items to pass on as well as holding talks, events and workshops. The hub will also be a base for projects such as ‘On the Verge’ and to grow the idea of community food growing.
Please get in touch if you have an idea for a project and need support. If it fits within our principles we will be happy to share to gain more support.
We aim to inspire people through actions and education, showing that the change that is needed is possible in our lives without unnecessary cost.
Values to work by:
- Make do and mend philosophy – working with what we have, reusable signs, borrow resources.
- Ensure events are accessible by public transport, walking, cycling – promote ways of doing this (advertise how far/how long it takes to walk, cycle from certain points).
- Be resourceful – ask for second-hand or make do with something else before buying new.
- No single use unless there’s no other way.
- Re-use what we can.
- Work openly towards a connected community who work together as a whole, based on shared understanding and respect.
- Consider how everyone can get involved if they would like to be, and
actively encourage participation from diverse groups.
- We will not pursue funding for everything we do. We prefer to work within our means to make projects achievable. We work practically and are not seeking for perfection.