Sunday 19th September 2021 | 11:00am - 4:00pm
Planet Party – 11am-4pm, Sunday 19 September,
Linklater Pavilion and Railway Land. FREE ADMISSION
Lewes Climate Hub, the Railway Land Wildlife Trust and Lewes Town Council have joined forces to organise a family-friendly festival in Lewes to celebrate Planet Earth and explore the practical, positive actions we can take individually, as a community and globally to help safeguard our world for future generations.
Taking place in and around the Linklater Pavilion and Railway Land Nature Reserve, Planet Party will feature stalls, talks, entertainment and activities to engage visitors of all ages:
• A ‘Guardians of the Ouse’ boat regatta featuring members of Lewes Rowing Club will highlight how we can all help protect our river and waterways
• Wishworks Puppets will be performing their Wild Wood Tales puppet show, engaging children of all ages in exploring the magic of our woods and forests
• A Kids Climate Tent will feature a range of activities to get youngsters thinking about our impact on the planet – from how we can create solar power to how some of our favourite toys are made • Stalls hosted by a range of local community groups and organisations will showcase ideas to live sustainably from how we power our homes, to what we eat, to how we get around – and the fun and simple actions we can take to protect our natural world.
• Talks will explore the impact of climate action on our planet – and what the world now needs to do to tackle it.
• At the end of the day, a People’s Climate Assembly will give visitors an opportunity to say what climate action they want to see locally, national and internationally.
The festival, which has free admission and will be opened by the Mayor of Lewes, will feature food by Seven Sisters Spices and a Harvey Beer stall hosted by South Street Bonfire Society. Musical performance will include the South Downs Folk Singers, pop-up buskers The Magnificent Kevins, Lewes String Quartet, and local young singer-songwriter Henry Gerrard.
For more information:
Juliet Oxborrow – Lewes Climate Hub – 07887 556 email@example.com
Helen Meade – Railway Land Wildlife Trust – firstname.lastname@example.org